From the Chief Operations Officer of Mid Atlantic Scientific Service
As we continue to monitor Coronavirus (COVID-19) developments closely, the health and well-being of our customers and their employees is of utmost importance to us.
As a critical partner to your business, we also understand that limiting any impact this health event could have on our service to our clients is imperative. We are keenly focused on our preparedness efforts to maintain a safe work environment for our associates and to sustain our business operations.
Security, safety and well-being is integral to our products, services, business processes and infrastructure. We have a robust integrated Business Resiliency Program in place that is managed by a team of experts who are committed to keeping our operations running smoothly so that we can provide you with the best possible service.
As such, we have activated our Adaptable Business Plan, which includes:
- Enabling work from home capabilities within impacted areas.
- Deploying a global strategy to coordinate delivery of services and support to our customers
- Providing our associates with information and best practices to prevent the spread of any illness
- Coordinating local communications with our associates, customers and partners
- Limiting all non-essential business travel
- Mid Atlantics Scientific Service is committed to minimizing risk of exposure and transmission of this virus. Please feel free to contact us by phone or email, ltwenge@midatlanticscientific, with any questions or concerns.
We will continue to monitor this fluid situation and will shift workloads, as necessary, to ensure essential services remain operable. For over 25 years Mid Atlantic Scientific Service Inc. has demonstrated unwavering support to our clients in past emergency situations, and in dealing with the present circumstances, we will continue to use every effort to deliver uninterrupted essential services to all our clients.
What is included in the Adaptive Business Plan?
Our ability to be prepared for health and safety issues is based upon:
- Established infectious
disease guidelines and protocols
- A robust communications strategy
- Associate awareness and education
- Provisioning and distribution of supplies
- Human Resources policies specific to pandemic/health crisis planning
- Facility preparedness and cleaning standards
- Social distancing protocols
- Travel monitoring, guidelines and advisories
- Associate wellness programs coordinated through ADP Medical
- Infection control, response, and deployment programs
COVID-19 Preparedness FAQ
Following guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local health officials, we are doing everything possible to protect you as well as our employees.
As COVID-19 continues to spread, we wanted to share some of the actions Mid Atlantic Scientific Service has already taken to help protect both our customers and our employees:
- We have put in place enhanced cleaning measures. This means more frequent cleaning of heavily trafficked areas and hard surfaces including entrances, restrooms and staff break rooms.
- Field Service Technicians and their families check their temperatures every 12 hours, Daily Mandatory self-assessments
- Enhanced sanitizing of exposed skin. Emergency supplies for possible exposure.
- Employees are required to use sanitizer and wash hands before and after leaving a facility.
- Stocking service location with additional cleaning and sanitizing supplies.
- Asking employees to stay home if they or anyone in their household feels unwell.
prepared to address the needs of each facility on a case-by-case basis to
combat any potential health concerns and will follow the CDC’s recommended
We are keeping our business open as we monitor recommendations from the CDC.
Rest assured that as circumstances continue to develop, we will closely monitor guidance from the CDC and local health officials. We will continue to rely on their recommendations and expertise to make decisions with the health and well-being of our customers, employees and communities as our first priority.